Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fajita Pasta

I forgot to take a picture, but Alisha told me to post this recipe because she wants to try it. I is really yummy and super easy to make. Enjoy!

Garnish:
1/2 c. cilantro (chopped)
1/2 c. cheese (shredded)
1 lime (wedged)

Marinade:
1 lb. steak (boneless)
1/2 c. tomato juice
1/4 c. lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I used ground)
1 T olive oil
1/4 tsp salt & pepper

Pasta and Veggies:
1 lb. penne pasta
1 each red & green bell peppers
1/2 red onion (sliced)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 C sour cream (non-fat)

Combine marinade ingredients. Coat steak and chill 4 hours (or more!). Grill meat, slice and set aside. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Saute peppers and onion in oil. Add seasoning mix to sour cream and stir into pasta. Serve in portions topped with peppers, steak, and garnishes.

Serves 8. Cal. 409, Protein 23g, Carb. 53g, Fat 12g, Fiber 3g

1 comment:

Joshua and Joy said...

Good thing I gave you the recipe Jewels...cause I lost mine. I got it out when Mom said you couldn't find red pepper flakes and then it's disappeared now. But when I locate it, I'll add the color picture.