Thursday, October 16, 2008

Homemade Salsa!!!

I got this recipe from a friend in Omaha who is now in Abilene. She always made it at her crops and I always LOVED it so I got the recipe from her--since she shared I am sharing. I know this recipe by heart because I make it so often. . . .It is one of the best ones I have found so I make it all the time.

2 can stewed tomatoes
2-3 cloves peeled garlic
1 sm-med onion
1 bunch cilantro
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste

Here is where it can be altered: (this is from my friend's recipe)
1/2 anaheim or serrano pepper
1/2 jalapeno pepper

What I do is usually
1 whole anaheim
1 whole serrano
(little kick but not bad)
For more kick use jalepeno and one of those peppers.

And lastly, squeeze in some lemon juice (you can use the bottle kind) about a 1 tsp worth.

Put all of your ingredients in a blender/food processor and mix till all chopped or the consistency you want. Enjoy! This fresh salsa will last in the refrigerator for about a week.

No comments: