Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yummy Pasta and a Challenge!!

Wow! It has been a long time since I (or anyone else) has posted to this blog!! I love to try to new recipes and most of my favorites have been passed on by a friend so, let's get back on this girls!! Amber, Kristina, Julie, Joy, Monique, and SheriDawn- let's all try to post a recipe once a month. That's not too often right!?!? And if you are interested in contributing to our blog- you have to be hot, a mom and cook- then let me know and I will send you the info so you can get posting! Enough of that, let's cook!

I got this recipe for my neighbor, she brought me over a "bite" the other night and it was so yummy! I stalked her until she shared the recipe and then I made it right away. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and also how much you could play with this and make it different every time. Plus, pasta is so cheap and stretches far. Honestly, have you ever messed up pasta!?


Bow Tie Festival

Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese

1 stick of butter

1/2 cup milk

3/4 - 1 cup Parmesan cheese (Don't be lazy- grate it yourself, it's better that way!)

2-3 cloves minced garlic

1 package cooked and crumbled bacon

2 chopped tomatoes

Box of bow tie pasta- cooked (or any kind you like)

3-4 large grilled chicken breasts


Start by marinating your chicken. I did mine in a little oil, lemon juice and season salt. It sat in the fridge for about 5-6 hours. Grill it while you are making the sauce, then slice it up.

Sauce:

Melt butter, and cream cheese together with milk. Add the cheese and garlic. Mix well and heat till bubbly. Stir in bacon, tomatoes, pasta and chicken. Top with more grated parm cheese.

That's it!!


My two cents:

My family loved it and it was fast and delish. The leftovers were yummy too. I can see lots of possibilities with this dish. You could add mushrooms, zucchini, squash, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, purple onion, shrimp- almost anything would be yummy! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

2 comments:

SheriDawn said...

First of all that looks stinking yummy and I'm going to have to make it now.

Second, I didn't know about the requirements, I don't meet the hot one :) But I promise to try to post a recipe once a month!

SheriDawn said...

Hey this is really really good. I would have thrown in some artichoke hearts if I'd had some.