Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Parrothead salad

I've been searching for ways to use lettuce because it seems like we get it every week in the co-op.  I found this on allrecipes.com and loved it.

Parrothead salad
1 head of lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
1/2 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 pound fresh blueberries
1 mango peeled and sliced (I think diced would have been better.)
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved- I just chopped up a tomato
1/2 c raisins
1/4 c toasted slivered almonds
1/4 c chopped red onion
4 slices bacon
Poppy seed dressing

cook bacon and crumble.  Mix everything else together and add salad dressing last.

I have quite a bit left and I'm hoping it's not too wilty tomorrow because I'm going to eat another big plate for lunch.  I didn't add the blueberries because they cost a ton.  My kids didn't particularly like the mango and of course, Jesse didn't like it at all.  The rest of us did!

No comments: