Monday, April 5, 2010

Buttermilk Syrup

I LOVE this syrup. It is "lick your plate" good! My sister in law and I tried this one Sunday morning and we all loved it. Since then I haven't served pancakes without making Buttermilk syrup. It is a great alternative if, like me, you don't like maple, or if your just looking for something new to try! It whips up quick and you probably have most of the stuff. I've also heard this called Frothy Syrup. Give it a try- you'll never go back to maple!




Buttermilk Syrup




1 cup butter (Hey let's face it- we could all use a little more butter! That's my motto)


1 cup sugar


1 cup buttermilk (I have tried the powdered buttermilk and it works great, I haven't ever substituted the milk and vinegar trick)


1 tsp vanilla


1/2 tsp baking soda




In a suacepan, heat and stir butter, sugar and buttermilk until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Serve warm.

No comments: